Work Permits

Information on Obtaining a Work Permit

Work Permit Information for Minors (under 18)

 If you are under 18 years of age, you must obtain a work permit before starting a new job.

* If working outside the state of Massachusetts, you must obtain a permit from that state*

1 G.L. c. 149, §§86-89.

The following are the steps you should take; please note that a Physicians Certificate of Health is required only of 14 and 15 year-olds.

Steps for Getting an Employment Permit:

1.  Obtain a job offer from an employer.

2.  Complete and Print Work Permit Application:

3.  Ask the employer to complete the following section: Promise of Employment

4.  For 14 and 15 year-olds only (16 and 17 year-olds may skip this step): Ask your doctor to complete the following section: Physician’s Certificate of Health.

5.  Ask your parent, guardian, or custodian to sign

6.  Student/minor signs

7.  Please call the main office at Hopkins Academy at 413-584-1107 and state that you would like to schedule a time to submit your completed application and receive your work permit. Don't forget to leave your contact phone number.  The student MUST be present to sign the official permit.

Please call the main office and leave a message if you have any questions!