Hopkins Academy Statement of Core Values
Hopkins Academy is committed to fostering a learning environment which values respect, equity, empathy, perseverance, integrity, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking and intellectual curiosity. These align with Hadley Public School’s values of: diversity, inclusivity, growth mindset, empathy and deeper learning.
Beliefs About Student Learning- At Hopkins Academy we believe that our school creates the best conditions for high levels of student learning and growth when:
Educators commit to-
- Maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment
- Developing strong academic relationship with each student
- Designing opportunities for authentic learning and making global connections
- Providing rigorous, challenging and collaborative learning opportunities
Students commit to-
- Developing self-discipline, time management and a strong work ethic
- Understanding the impact education will have and opportunities it can provide for their future
- Taking intellectual risks
- Demonstrating pride in their academic performance
- Investing in and committing to respect our school and community
Academic, Civic & Social Expectations:
- Read, write, and communicate effectively and fluently for a variety of purposes
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity across fields
- Apply problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Appropriately research, analyze, and evaluate information through a variety of methods, utilizing 21st century skills
- Engage in activities that promote civic literacy and diversity, which empowers students to become knowledgeable, respectful and active global citizens
- Participate in activities that teach leadership, teamwork and civility.
- Demonstrate responsible and respectful behavior as established in the school’s code of conduct.